Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Post Surgery Update



As Beth-Anne fights through the ups and downs of recovery we have appreciated all the gifts, kindness, love, prayers, and the like sent from everyone.



Here are pictures updating Beth-Anne's recovery period thus far.









This is her within a few hours of the surgery.













Before Bear-Lee











Post Bear-Lee. I like to call it "The Bear-Lee" effect.









These gifts from our "Fruit Lady" represent just a small sample of the gifts and love sent to us by many people near and far. Thank you all!







Each day has given Beth-Anne more strength. Here she is, happy to finally be walking. Just today I went on a walk with her and could hardly keep up.




One definite draw-back to having surgery in a foreign country is the lack of communication. A couple of times we have felt frustrated, as I'm sure they have felt as well, at the inability to properly communicate. But, overall, the staff has been very kind, patient, and understanding.


Here is a picture of Beth-Anne name transliterated into Korean....as best they could. Can you guess which name on the list is Beth-Anne's? If you can't guess, then you need to learn a little Korean.




For those who can't read Korean, Beth-Anne's name transliterates into, essentially this, "Bessuh-Ain Benduhlen"



As she recovers, I try my best to spend as much time as possible with her. Now that classes have started, I travel between the school and here 2 times each day - once in the middle of the day during my longest break, and once at the end of the day once all my classes are finished.


The following pictures show "my space". It's about the size of a small-medium sardine can. *sigh* Everything in Korea is just smaller.








The local hospital food also poses a slight problem at times. I'll let the following videos do the explaining:






4 comments:

Christen said...

I'm glad you're doing better Beth-Anne! Take care.

Stella said...

Beth-Anne, I'm glad you are okay. You are such a brave girl. I hope you recover soon! At it least this experience makes for a really entertaining blog. :) I don't meant that your pain is entertaining but your videos are really funny! :)

Tommy(SDA) said...

Teacher~!
Long time no see!!!
I'm your student Tommy.
Now you are okay.
I'm glad to here that~!
Anyway, take care.
Bye~!
-Your student Tommy-

k-lee said...

that food looked so uck--blah! i'm glad you're back to regular food. thanks for taking such good care of her matthew!