Thursday, May 10, 2012

Yet

To be content in any and every situation is to rely on Him who gives me strength.

And He is strength and the Giver of peace that transcends all understanding.

“I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.”  Philippians 4:13

But Paul had something to add after verse thirteen, “Yet it was good of you to share in my troubles.”

Even though we can be content in every situation, there is such a burden lifted to have others share in our troubles.  

Grief tends to make people feel alone, very alone.  I have needed every email, card, hug, look, visits, and other acts of thoughtfulness that has been given.  

God is sustaining me by His Word and the beautiful glimpses of His tender mercy and love, but He is also using others to be His messengers of that love and tenderness--and comfort.

Thank you for...

Letting me come over and sew a quilt for hours and talk.



Students who prayed for my Granddaddy as he grieves over the quilt before I mailed it.










A random card put in my purse at church.

Letting me call just to say, “Today was really hard.”  And cry.

Comments on blogs and facebook posts.  

Schools and people sending letters and cards to my students.  Hearing my students excited about the cards given them.

Fresh flowers for Marissa’s desk.











Facebook and emails covered in love and prayers.

Memorial zoo trip funded for the students.

Fun animal presentations on a day I couldn't teach.




Memories captured in photographs and given to me.

Texts of love and prayers throughout the days.

Marissa Mice for the students.




























 Visiting and letting me talk if I need to or just being there.


Coloring books and goodies for my students to remind them they are not alone.


Trusting me with your ten beautiful/silly children.


















Patience with me.


Including me in the process of deep grief.


Picking out a dress.


Bible verses and prayers on index cards for me to hold and read over and over.




















And I will say with Paul, "I can do all things through Him who gives me strength...Yet it was good of you to share in my troubles."


It has meant the world to me.

4 comments:

vanderlt said...

My precious daughter... I love you!

~ nicole said...

Love this. And love you.

Unknown said...

So beautifully put. It isn't hard to help a friend, it's a privilege.

Christen said...

Aw, Beth-Anne, you and the students and family continue to be in my prayers and those of my Sabbath School class. Thank you for your reflections here. They are lovely.