Thursday, March 5, 2009

Students

We have just finished up our third term and I wanted to show you some more picture of our classes. Unfortunately Matthew didn't think about taking pictures of his classes until part way through party day, so there aren't very many of him with his students.



This is a picture of Matthew's level four class. Starting on the left and going clockwise: Chris, Olivia, Shiny, Bo-Ram, Violet, Jennifer, Orchid, and Sue. They really got into the Scrabble game! =)

One of my students, Judy, was quite the creative cook. She made things for me on both of our party days that were really fun.



I translate this to be, "Beth I love your smile."



I cannot make this picture turn the correct way so you can just look at it from there. These were chocolate bars with a bottom that was kind of crispy and carmel like. Matthew really enjoyed it. I just thought the whole thing was really sweet of her to make.



This is my 7am class going clockwise from my left in the picture. Jim, Karen, Judy, Alyssa, David, Evan, and myself.

For my 10am class they took Matthew and I out to lunch at Ashley's. He had taught most of them the term before so it was a good time for them and him to spend time together. Back row from left to right: Jenny, Jessica, Kate, and Julianne. From row: Sarah, Sophia, Sunny, and myself.


Right before he took our picture he turned around and took one of himself. All the girls laughed, and so I thought I'd post it for fun. =)


And now...for some junior classes!



This was one of Matthew's more active and involved classes. When that happens you can have a lot of fun. =)



This is my "Yes I Can 1" class and they were a lot of fun. The teacher, Joanne, in the back is not only my co-teacher, but both Matthew and my friend.



We are not supposed to have favorite classes but this was my favorite class for SIX MONTHS. I was so blessed to have them for three terms and so I was really attached to them. They are brilliant students and the teacher, Wendy is amazing as well. Left to right: Nana, Lily, Annie, Moon, Steven, Tommy, Poohti, Alice, and Sarah. I am really missing them this term but I pray for them and wish them the best.



This picture is of my "ABC Hunter" group. These children are pre-K and Kindergarten age. I signed up for this class just to see what it was like. I was actually nervous that I wouldn't like it. Those of you who know me, know that children just make me nervous and I'm not totally sure around them if I don't know them well.

This class changed my whole perspective on teaching and children. They won my heart over and I'll never be the same. I signed up for them this term so I'm excited to be teaching them again. Below are some videos of my class time with them. Last term we sang songs to learn different English words and vocabulary. I will put the words underneath the videos. I had to link the videos from my facebook, so if this does work you can try to view then via facebook.



Hello Teacher, Hello Friend
Good to see you everyone
Happy, happy, happy is the time
When we have ABC Hunter
Let's have fun, fun together (x2)



Teddy Bear, Teddy bear jump up and down.
Teddy Bear, Teddy bear touch the ground.
Teddy Bear, Teddy bear shake your body.
Teddy Bear, Teddy bear turn around.



I will...
Swim, swim, swim like a turtle
Walk, walk, walk like a duck (x2)
I will...
Hop, hop, hop like a rabbit
Jump, jump, jump like a frog (x2)
I will...
Run, run, run like a dog
Fly, fly, fly like a bird (x2)


So that is just a sneak-peak into our classrooms. We have a lot of fun teaching here in Korea and have also learned a lot. We pray that we are being examples of Jesus to them in big and small things.

No comments: