Thursday, March 5, 2009

23rd Birthday

For my birthday, on February 20th I woke up to my husband making me breakfast! It was a lovely meal and then he gave me flowers that were from my Daddy!








Aren't they beautiful!


Then I went to go and teach but my 7am class surprised me with a cake! They were so sweet to remember and do that for me.




As a reward we spent the class just talking with each other =P Left to right: Evan, me, Judy, and David.

Since my birthday landed on a Friday Matthew took me to a restaurant for lunch. mmmm. We went the the Chinese restaurant we had been to once with our other teachers.




Check out my birthday on the wall!

Chinese food brings me joy, like salsa brings Jason joy. And even though this was Korean-Chinese food, it was still Chinese food!




This is my friend Mr. Dragon-Statue-Man.

Then we went to E-Mart because Matthew said I could pick something out for my birthday, I didn't find anything that day, but I wanted to show you some of their amazing cakes.



Look at the cow and the shoes below it. All edible. Incredible. =)

That night we had our famous chilliman, garlic bread, and grape juice supper. Family tradition.

But for a surprise Matthew brought out a cake for me!! I was really surprised and happy.






It was strawberry and what made that extra special was that my mom always makes me strawberry cake.



It was a really good birthday and Matthew did everything to make it special. It was a "weekend" birthday and so I got to have all my favorite foods and got to pick what movie I wanted to watch and different little things like that.

I also received some packages for my birthday from my Aunt Shari, my mom, and our friends Brooke and Justin. My grandparents also sent a package but it got sent back to them, so now I will get my birthday even more extended! Thank you to everyone for their love and birthday wishes!

No comments: