Thursday, April 12, 2012

Marissa and Jesus

I am not yet in a place to write everything. But I wanted to share this.
Marissa's Bible promise that she picked out for class:

“I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.” Philippians 4:13


Something special that Marissa did every day was that during our morning prayer, she always knelt down. She didn't make a scene but quietly knelt down, with her hands clasped together and head bowed.


Something she wrote at the end of last year:


Dear God,

I want to be on your side. Because you are the real God.

Love,

Marissa


My favorite memory:

On Friday, January 14, 2011 I wrote the following in my prayer journal.

"Today I tried a prayer walk with Philippians 4:4-7. There were four verses to read and we went/ran to different places, read the verses, talked about what it meant, and prayed. Different students would do each part. Then the last place we went to I had them listen for what God wanted to tell them. They were to just listen for 10-15 seconds. After that time I asked if anyone had heard anything. Marissa said, "He said that He loves me!" That touched me and almost made me cry. It was beautiful, and special. I hope she remembers that."


I remember her face looking up into mine, eyes bright, and with a quick smile as she said it. I thank God and Jesus for that moment. She loved Jesus and Jesus loves her.


A drawing from last year that Marissa did.


Life on earth, in the grave, and life in Heaven.


I cannot wait for life in heaven with you Marissa. I love you.





2 comments:

Unknown said...

Someday Mary needs to see this. Probably not right now, but later you need to send her the link.
I'm still praying for you. I know today was hard.

Christen said...

This is lovely.