Sunday, August 2, 2015

What does it mean to be a child of God? #showhopeblogger


It was in high school, sophomore year when I clung to God as my Father.  Before then I had never really given it much thought that God was called "Father" in the Bible.  My Bible teacher gave us a handout with different names of God and said to mark the ones that spoke to us. "Father" was on there.  I remember wanting to call Him something personal in my devotional journalings so I called Him "Papa."  My own version of "Abba."  

To be a child of God is to have love.  Unconditional love.  To have support and strength that is not my own.  It is to have a safe haven.  To be accepted beyond my action but because I am His own child.

This month is Adoption Aid month.  I encourage you to find a way to bring home children to families.  That the human family would be an example of the heavenly family we all have.


No comments: