Saturday, December 15, 2012

First Advent -- Second Advent

Today at church Matthew and I sang Welcome to Our World by Chris Rice.

Last night when we were practicing there was a verse that, in light of the shootings and deaths yesterday, seemed especially hard to sing.

"Bring Your peace into our violence
Bid our hungry souls be filled
Word now breaking Heaven's silence
Welcome to our world
Welcome to our world."

Losing Marissa last April was....and is....undefinable.  And as I think of the teachers at Sandy Hook Elementary school, and the students--I cannot put into words exactly how I feel.  I think of my own classroom.  I think of my nine heart-strings that walk around in my room.  There were teachers who died shielding their students yesterday.  There were teachers who survived and must live through the trauma.  Emotionally, mentally--I cannot imagine the scene.  I choose not to.  

We sang Welcome to Our World last year for church and as part of the school Christmas program.  Marissa was with us and now she's not.   And there are many families who were looking forward to having Christmas vacation with their families that are now missing parts of their hearts.  

Jesus coming to earth was the most amazing gift and blessing.  But somehow, it makes me ache for the second coming all the more.  For all things to be put to right.  For every tear to be wiped away.  

I want the "All is well" to be final.  For it be all well...for all eternity.




No comments: