Sunday, September 9, 2012

Messages from God

It was a low day.  For a various reasons.  It was just a low day.  I went to bed feeling not so encouraged and then in the morning at school I was struggling still.  I bowed my head, not exactly in a prayer form, but a pray and cry came out. "I don't know if I can do this."  Tears were in the back of my eyes but it was time for school so I pushed them aside, but the heavy feeling remained.

Students began to trickle in and I was standing up to put away some books that I had on my desk when a very excited, bouncy, smiling boy (who was trying to hide something behind his back), wearing camo army rain boots, came bouncing into the room.  His happy smile reached up to his eyes and he giggled and tried to hide his blue bag.

This little student has been "hiding" things from me.  He will hide"bank money" when he turns it in, or hides a note under my laptop, etc.  His eyes glanced around my desk and up at me, around my desk and back up at me.  I laughed and said, "I won't look." And put the books in front of my face.

I heard metal bang and more scurrying feet.  "Are you done?" I asked.  There was an affirmative and so then I peaked out from the books and made a search.  First I looked under my desk, then behind my laptop, and then I remembered the metal sound and looked on the other side of my filing cabinet.  And there it was!  A blue gift bag.  I went to pick it up with a few fingers but it was heavier than I'd expected.  "Oh, that's heavy!" I commented.  "No, it's not too heavy," he said.  I opened it up and saw a jar with a pretty ribbon.  I pulled it out, "Yum!" I said, and he said, "It's pear butter."  Then I pulled out the card.  "The card is from me," he said.  I opened the card:













My heart squeezed tight.  I managed out a "thank you so much!" and knew that messages from God come in bouncy, happy little boy packages.



















And I pulled out that card and read it many times that day.  The blue bag sat near my chair to remind me through out the day that, "Even before they call out to me, I will answer them.  While they are still speaking, I will hear them." Isaiah 65:24.








1 comment:

Andrea said...

Loved this. Reminded me of how God sent some of my favorite student notes on some of my hardest days in Yap. I kept every one of them! :)