Friday, October 23, 2009

SDA Language Institute: Last Week

Here are some pictures from our last few days and our last classes.





My classroom. I shared it with different teachers but mostly Coco.





Matthew's classroom, that he shared with May.







One of our wonderful Jip-Suneem (I'm sure this is not the correct spelling) who would clean our classrooms.




Tea. It was so cool looking but tasted mostly like Dandelions.



My last class, that I only got to teach for about two weeks.




Staff meetings! Left to right: Jane, Solomon, Kelly Ann, Cleo, Connie, Ruth, me, Pastor Kim (you can only see his tie). Awesome, awesome group of people. We were so blessed.



Here are some pictures of our students. We miss them and pray for them daily, those in the pictures and all those we ever taught or came in contact with. May God work in their hearts daily. It is my dearest prayer that we will all be in heaven together someday.

Matthew's early am class.
This was supposed to be my class, but since I had surgery Matthew taught them the whole time until we left. Another am class.


Afternoon junior class.



More junior students!



Mr. White the teacher



Teacher! Teacher!



Yay for more junior students!


One of my junior classes. The boy to the left of me (blue shirt), and in front (black shirt) and the three girls to the right, I had in a couple classes. They were typical teenager students, quiet but really great. In the term before they had me sit down and eat duk boki with them. Duk boki is a thick rice noodle with spicy sauce. They were funny when they had me sit and eat with them because they didn't know what to say but they wanted me there. It's a great memory.



Steven and Tommy more of my crazy students. =)



Tommy, Steven and the two girls on the right, Annie and Lily I had taught for 6 months before and then was really blessed to have the opportunity to teach them again for 2 weeks before I left.



This little girl would always say hi and wave to Matthew and an occasional hug. She brightened up his day on a daily basis.



Evening junior students.


Elite class. This helped Matthew remember why he wanted to teach. Great group of students.



Two of our wonderful junior teachers, Joanne and Joy.




Matthew's religion class.... This just makes me laugh. I taught all of them in different classes before too, they're great. Yool, Margiela, and Jinny.




Party day food. Dr. You actually had some yummy stuff! And we're pretend it was healthy.



Am adult students



Working hard...or at least pretending to for the picture! (This is my classroom)




Religion class party day. I was overwhelmed by sweet gifts even though I'd only been their teacher for a short time.



Religion class. Back row L:R- Suru, Theresa, Esther, Sophia, Allie, Me. From row L:R- Joy, Matthew, and Mike. God please grow in their hearts.

My last vespers talk, two days before we left.



This is Matthew and Sonia. She said that the teachers at SDA had an influence on her spiritually and made her want to get to know God more. We are humbled and yet amazed.
It is our prayer that the seeds we planted, by the grace of God, will grow in the Holy Spirit and we'll all be together in heaven.

1 comment:

Matthew said...

It was an amazing experience. God blessed us richly. Even more, He hasn't left us and is continually blessing us with rich experiences back in the States.