Sunday, August 23, 2009

Last Visit to My Favorite Place

As our days started to disappear, and the time came more and more quickly upon us to leave Matthew and I talked about what we wanted to see and do before we left.

I said I wanted to go to Insa-dong one more time. Maybe because it's a "tourist" spot I like it most, or because I enjoy looking at the traditional items for sale, or because there are more languages there than Incheon, but no matter what reason, I love it. And so we went for our last visit there. We didn't buy anything, but just walked along looking at items and enjoying our time.



One of the many shops, you can see all types of nationalities there and hear many different languages.




It's a busy place to be!




More shops.





This is one of their "musical" instruments. I've posted videos with them banging on these things.




I wanted my picture with this awesome Tin-man.





More street views.





Snack stand...mmm. Unidentifiable sea creatures to snack on. mmmm.



It started to rain at one point and while we took shelter I saw this "paper dump". There are lots of elderly people that we've seen collecting paper on these cart things that they push but I've never seen where they go. Apparently this is one such spot. As they dump it off, I assume they get some money for it. Recycling of sorts.


Starbucks =) It was nice just to see it.

Me by the sign showing the map of Insa-dong.

Matthew with the sign.

Then we traveled back home. Transferring from stop to stop and making our way home. Strange how things like that became so familiar. Even with a foreign language.

And finally our walk back home. Through familiar ally ways and concrete walls.
Maybe someday we'll go back.

No comments: