Thursday, January 22, 2009

When Mama came to Korea

When Mama came to visit us in Korea it was definately the happiest day we've had since being here. She arrived on Sunday December 21st around 8pm.




This is us on the way into the airport...




After traveling around the world, she safely made it to Incheon! This was our happiest moment *smiles*

The first day, we expected her to sleep in, but she was up with us and ready for school. It was our party day at school so that was good.



These are Matthew and my 7am classes. Usually there are a lot more students but because it was party day (and there was a little miscommunication) hardly anyone showed up. The students were thrilled to have my mom there!



In the afternoon she came to some of my junior classes. This is my favorite junior class. I've been blessed to have them for all the three terms I've taught in Korea so far.



This is Steven, Tommy, and Lily. They are so bright and will do very well in life.



This is the whole class. The junior teacher is Wendy and she is fantastic to teach with.

Front row: Lily, Nana, Sarah, Alice. Back row: Steven, Tommy, Poohti, Willy, Peter, and Jack.

Later on we had our junior and adult graduation ceremonies. I was able to teach the juniors who graduated, and the one adult student who graduated- Paul.

Paul's graduation speech was amazing. We were so proud of him! Paul and his girlfriend Mary are some of our good friends here in Korea and we are blessed to know them.
So this was Mama's first day in Korea! It was a busy one to be sure, but she really enjoyed getting to meet the students and teachers. Plus, everyone was shocked that she was my mom and not my sister! One of the junior teachers asked me if I was sure that it was my mom because she looked so young. hehe. It was funny.

No comments: