Friday, July 4, 2008

Tuesday to St. John

Tuesday was our last big adventure day and we traveled to St. John. Similar to our trip to Jost Van Dyke we rented a dinghy. This one was yellow and from a company called “Noah’s Little Arks”. We went to the North and west side of St. John which is all National Parks.

Skipper White again (I did drive the other dinghy for a very short while, but thought I should leave the driving to expert White).




This is Trunk Bay =)





Before we went to Trunk Bay we tried to stop at Cinnamon Bay, but were told we couldn’t tie our dinghy up there. But…all of that was worth it because on the way in we saw a sea turtle! Matthew spotted it and I tried to take a picture, but couldn’t get the camera out fast enough. It was a pretty good sized sea turtle. It had its shell and head part way out of the water. I really had wanted to see one so I was really happy!

We snorkeled at Trunk Bay for a good while. It was interesting because it was a National Park, and underwater they had these signs that explained the underwater world. Something similar to zoo signs. I thought it was kind of funny, but cool.


This is the beginning of them.


This is Matthew by one.


This is a funny sign that was posted

There was tons of sea fans and coral with fish everywhere! I’ve never really snorkeled so all this is somewhat new to me. Matthew gave me his snorkel since we left Kerensa because I don’t have one and at Kerensa they had one I could use. So as we snorkeled in Trunk Bay I had fins and a snorkel with my mask, and Matthew only had a mask. He decided to forego fins because they were rubbing his feet wrong and hurting. I say all this to tell you that it was I who was tired first, not him. Matthew and the fish are meant to be.

We left Trunk Bay and headed to what we think is Honeymoon Beach. We got a little confused by which beach was which, but in the end we think it was Honeymoon Beach.






Chillin' at Honeymoon Beach.



This is a picture from Honeymoon Beach of our resort at St. Thomas—see the red roofs?


(Yes, there is a fully clothed person behind that, but we thought it would be a funny picture)

We did some more relaxing here and then headed by to Cruz Bay where the ferry would meet us. First though we went to do some shopping around, Matthew got a hacky sack and we got a mango smoothly to share. Fresh fruit from the islands can’t be beat.

Back at the resort we walked around later in the evening to see more of the area. Then we went back inside to have some ice cream! We got it at the Marina Market (where we bought all of our groceries) and it was the same price for a quart of yummy strawberry ice cream as ONE scoop at the local ice cream place. I think we got the better deal.





And so concludes our day at St. John.

1 comment:

vanderlt said...

You two are having WAY too much fun out there on the islands!!!! We can't wait to see you when you get back... Beautiful pics, love the commentary.